Attention alumni: Local nonprofit organizations are in need of individuals to serve on their board of directors and/or committees. All Blueprint for Leadership alumni are encouraged to search the list to find an organization that meets their interests and expertise.
As the diversity of our community continues to grow, it is more important than ever that non-profit boards of directors reflect the community they serve. Blueprint for Leadership taps into the significant diverse talent in Berks County and trains individuals to serve in key leadership volunteer positions. Courses begin in the spring each year and conclude with a class graduation. Throughout the course, participants will:
- Engage in the seven training sessions - one full-day workshop and six half-day workshops, followed by a graduation
- Become aware of the influences that culture, values and beliefs have on how we interact with each other and to leverage that awareness into becoming an effective leader
- Sharpen the interpersonal skills needed to be a successful professional and to incorporate them into an effective individual work style
- Put new skills into practice through volunteer service with a local organization
- Enhance those skills through follow-up mentoring and group interchange
The 2023 Blueprint for Leadership program graduated 13 participants representing 10 companies and groups: Alvernia University, Carpenter Technology Corporation; Diamond Credit Union; East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.; EnerSys; Penske Transportation Solutions; Reading Housing Authority; Riverfront Federal Credit Union; United Way of Berks County and YMCA of Reading and Berks County. These graduates plan to advance their development and serve in leadership roles with varied community organizations, including Leadership Berks, United Way of Berks County’s Loaned Campaign Specialist Program and various area nonprofits.