For nearly 40 years, the mission of Leadership Berks has been to train and develop individuals to serve in nonprofit leadership roles within Berks County. In that time, more than 1,000 individuals have graduated from this highly-regarded program.
Attention alumni: More than 40 local nonprofit organizations are in need of individuals to serve on their board directors and/or committees. All Leadership Berks alumni are encouraged to search the list to find an organization that meets their interests and expertise.
Building Capacity & Impact
The benefits of Leadership Berks are a win-win-win.
- Increase their knowledge around community assets and needs.
- Expand leadership and project management skills.
- Retain higher-skilled employees possessing a greater ability to lead, problem-solve and build teams effectively within the workplace.
- Have access to a larger pool of individuals representing a broad range of experiences to serve in community leadership roles.
- Program launch: September 2021, with 20 – 25 participants
- Participants meet one day a month, from September 2021 – May 2022
- Program Graduation: June
- Classroom and Panel Instruction builds knowledge about community assets and challenges, nonprofits’ collective impact in Berks, nonprofit operations and governance, DEI, servant leadership
- Curriculum features interactive and team-building experiences
- Team-based service project with local nonprofits
Program Commitment Time & Tuition
Program Time Commitment
- Class & Relationship Building 75 Hours
- Service Project 35 Hours
- Volunteer Leadership Placement 10 Hours
Tuition 2021-22 Program
- $3,000 Employer Supported
- $2,500 Nonprofit/Self Supported
For more information, contact Jean Morrow, Sr. VP of Leadership United, at 610-685-4587 or email@example.com