For nearly 40 years, the mission of Leadership Berks has been to train and develop individuals to serve in nonprofit leadership roles within Berks County. In that time, more than 1,000 individuals have graduated from this highly-regarded program.
Attention alumni: More than 40 local nonprofit organizations are in need of individuals to serve on their board directors and/or committees. All Leadership Berks alumni are encouraged to search the list to find an organization that meets their interests and expertise.
Building Capacity and Impact
Increase your knowledge around community assets and needs and expand leadership and project management skills
Retain higher-skilled employees possessing a greater ability to lead, problem-solve and build teams effectively within the workplace
Gain access to a larger pool of individuals representing a broad range of experiences to serve in community leadership roles
- Welcome breakfast: August 24
- Mandatory two-day opening retreat: September 28 and 29
- Participants meet one day a month, from October 2023 – May 2024
- Program Graduation: June 13, 2024 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Classroom and Panel Instruction builds knowledge about community assets and challenges, nonprofits’ collective impact in Berks, nonprofit operations and governance, DEI, servant leadership
- Curriculum features interactive and team-building experiences
- Team-based service project with local nonprofits
- Placement on nonprofit board or committee
Program Commitment Time & Tuition
Program Time Commitment
- Class & Relationship Building: 75 Hours
- Service Project: 35 Hours
- Volunteer Leadership Placement: 10 Hours
Tuition 2023-24 Program
- A limited number of partial scholarships are available for nonprofits or self-supported individuals.
Applications for the 2024-2025 class will open Summer 2024. For more information, contact Jean Morrow, Sr. VP of Leadership United, at 610-685-4587 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“Leadership Berks prepares you to be a change maker. The moments of reflection equip and strengthen you for impactful leadership in Berks County. It has elevated my passion for helping others and has provided opportunities to truly make a difference.”