DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Manage the Star Readers, school-age tutoring program, serving as RSR liaison to school and community partners, vendors, and volunteers.
- Manage the Summer Learning Grant program, serving as RSR liaison to the grant recipients.
- Manage the Summer Learning Coalition and cultivate relationships with key school district administration personnel and non-profit leaders connected to the Coalition.
- Coordinate RSR efforts for annual events and/or literacy outreach
- Manage collection of program data for Ready.Set.Read!
- Represent United Way in the community in various community meetings, coalitions, and/or special events related to establishing new partners and maintain existing relationships with organizations for the purpose of distributing books, SingleCare information, and 211 resources throughout the Berks County community.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and maintain confidential information.
Associate degree in education and/or related field; at least 2 of experience in areas of human services, education, or working with community agencies and organizations. Bachelor’s degree in education and/or related field; with at least one year of experience in the areas of human services, education, or working with community agencies and organizations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing these duties employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. Employee is regularly required to stand, reach, stoop, handle and/or lift up to 10 pounds. Occasionally employee will need to lift, move, and handle items up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
Frequent travel to attend meetings, events, or conferences/trainings within the County of Berks and occasionally outside of the county and/or state is expected. Travel is primarily local, some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
As applicable: Valid driver’s license, state mandated automobile insurance and reliable transportation or access to reliable and available transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
To apply, submit your resume to: Postmaster@uwberks.org
Equal Opportunity Employer