United Way of Berks County is looking for a bilingual early childhood education professional to join its Community Impact team. Overall, this position will provide support for Ready.Set.READ! program delivery specific to the Growing Readers program targeting early learning activities to increase language and literacy development of children from birth to Pre-Kindergarten.
Staff Specialist Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively as part of the Community Impact team to deliver the Growing Readers program
- Assist in the recruitment and enrollment of candidates in professional development component;
- Support assigned candidates with the completion of Reading Area Community College (RACC) coursework;
- Offer one-to-one and/or group encouragement and study opportunities
- Support assigned candidates with the Child Development Associate credentialing process;
- Provide ongoing candidate coaching to maintain and increase the use of new and enhanced teacher practices related to language and literacy development;
- In collaboration with the Early Childhood and Community Engagement Program Manager develop a process to increase enrollment in to ECE Associate and/or Apprenticeship program through RACC;
- Support assigned candidates with the completion of the ECE Associate and/or Apprenticeship program through RACC;
- Assist with administrative and clerical tasks associated with all Growing Readers activities, including maintaining a database of contacts, program and key results data.
- Assist with the collection of Growing Readers/CDA program data.
Staff Specialist Requirements::
- At least an associate degree in early childhood education, preferred
- At least two years of experience in the areas of early childhood education, with specific experience working in an early learning classroom (for example: Head Start, Pre-K Counts, childcare center)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluent speaking level required
Interested candidates should send resume to: Postmaster@uwberks.org. Use subject line Community Impact Staff Specialist 2
Equal Opportunity Employer