PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide support for Ready.Set.READ! program delivery specific to the Growing Readers program targeting early learning activities to increase language and literacy development of children from birth to Pre-Kindergarten.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively as part of the RSR/CI team to deliver the Growing Readers program.
- Assist in the recruitment and enrollment of candidates in professional development component;
- Support and mentor assigned candidates through various steps of the program including: completion of Reading Area Community College (RACC) coursework, the Child Development
- Associate credentialing process, and Associate’s degree attainment;
- Offer one-to-one and/or group encouragement and study opportunities
- Provide ongoing candidate coaching in the childcare centers to maintain and increase the use of new and enhanced teacher practices related to language and literacy development;
- Assist with administrative and clerical tasks associated with all Growing Readers activities, including maintaining a database of contacts, program and key results data;
- Assist with collection of Growing Readers/CDA program data.
- Assist with inventory for RSR programs
- Assist with logistical tasks related to RSR special events
- Represent Ready.Set.READ! in the community in various community meetings, coalitions and/or special events related to the initiative
- Support in the distribution of SingleCare and 211 resources throughout the Berks County community (tabling events, material drop-off at local agencies)
Staff Specialist Requirements:
- At least an associate degree in early childhood education, preferred
- At least two years of experience in the areas of early learning, education, and working with community agencies and organizations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluent speaking level required
Interested candidates should send resume to: Postmaster@uwberks.org. Use subject line Community Impact Staff Specialist 1
Equal Opportunity Employer