United Way of Berks County is looking for a bilingual early childhood education professional to join its Community Impact team. Overall, this position provides support for the Ready.Set.READ! program delivery specific to Growing Readers targeting early learning activities to increase language and literacy development of children from birth to Pre-Kindergarten. This position also plays a key role in the Community Outreach of United Way of Berks County and other Ready.Set.READ! program delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively as part of the RSR/CI team to deliver the Growing Readers program.
- Assist in the recruitment and enrollment of candidates in professional development component;
- Support and mentor assigned candidates through various steps of the program including: completion of Reading Area Community College (RACC) coursework, the Child Development Associate credentialing process, and Associate’s degree attainment;
- Offer one-to-one and/or group encouragement and study opportunities;
- Provide ongoing candidate coaching in the childcare centers to maintain and increase the use of new and enhanced teacher practices related to language and literacy development;
- Assist with administrative and clerical tasks associated with all Growing Readers activities, including maintaining a database of contacts, program and key results data;
- Assist with collection of Growing Readers/CDA program data.
- Represent Ready.Set.READ! in the community in various community meetings, coalitions and/or special events related to the initiative.
- Support in the distribution of SingleCare and 211 resources throughout the Berks County community (tabling events, material drop-off at local agencies).
Staff Specialist Requirements:
- At least an associate degree in early childhood education, preferred
- At least two years of experience in the areas of early learning, education, and working with community agencies and organizations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluent speaking level required
- Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation
Interested candidates should apply to the “Community Impact Staff Specialist” position via Indeed.
Learn more about United Way of Berks County.
Equal Opportunity Employer