Welcome to United Way of Berks County! Whether you are a new Loaned Campaign Specialist (LCS) or a veteran, you are about to have the experience of a lifetime. This page contains important forms that need to be completed, as well as information to make your first days easier and videos from veteran LCSs to help you understand what to expect. We strongly encourage you to explore all of the information on this page.
The 2022 United Way Campaign is led by Joe and Dana Hartz. Joe and Dana have been working on the campaign since January, securing commitments for our challenge match, meeting with corporate leaders and recruiting volunteers for the Campaign Cabinet. Throughout the 2022 Campaign, Joe and Dana will support you with their enthusiasm, celebrate your successes and help you navigate your campaign-related challenges.
A Message from the LCS Co-Chairs,
Craig and Sue Perrotty
After serving as our 2020 Campaign Co-Chairs, Craig and Sue Perrotty were excited to continue their involvement in the annual campaign by serving as LCS Co-Chairs. Their role is to recruit Loaned Campaign Specialists like you from local companies, and they’re looking forward to seeing you at the LCS Welcome Reception in August.
The LCS Welcome Reception
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the LCS Welcome Reception on August 23, 4:30 – 7:30 p.m., at the Reading Liederkranz, located at 143 Spook Ln, Reading, PA 19606 (Google Maps | Waze) If you have not yet sent us your RSVP, please email Sherry Reenock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect from Your LCS Experience
The 2021 Loaned Campaign Specialists have some words of wisdom to share with you. Check out each one of these brief videos to learn what to expect from your LCS experience. You can also access these videos on our YouTube playlist.
Forms to Complete and Submit
Please complete all of the following forms. Note that some of the forms can be completed online, while others must be downloaded and returned via email due to confidentiality. If you have any questions, contact Sherry Reenock at email@example.com.
- Bio Form – when you have completed this form, please save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code of Ethics – complete and submit online
- Confidentiality Agreement – complete and submit online
- Drug-Free Policy – complete and submit online
- Emergency Contact – when you have completed this form, please save and email to email@example.com
Directions to United Way and Parking
LCS Welcome Reception – August 23, 4:30 p.m. at Reading Liederkranz
LCS Training Begins – August 29 at United Way
Campaign Kickoff and Day of Caring – September 14, 7:30 a.m. at FirstEnergy Stadium
Leadership Giving Event – October 19, 5:30 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel
United Way Victory Event – November 16, 6:00 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel
LCS Job Description
REPORTS TO: United Way Staff
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A Loaned Campaign Specialist is an individual who is appointed by his or her employer to staff the annual United Way campaign in the community at large from late August to mid-November, with primary responsibility concentrated in managing effective employee campaigns within Berks County organizations.
LOANED CAMPAIGN SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To gain a working knowledge of United Way and how meeting community needs is accomplished through a variety of partnerships and special initiatives. To learn more about the agency partners and the programs they deliver to help improve lives, strengthen neighborhoods and bring about lasting change.
- To contact and work primarily with the employee campaign coordinator and/or campaign committee members to help them plan, organize, and conduct an effective campaign among their employee groups. (Including providing them with all the necessary campaign materials.)
- To work on a team with fellow LCSs, with staff/veteran LCS support, to manage the entire solicitation (initial contact through collection of pledges) for a group of assigned accounts. LCS Team will work to establish goals and strategies for assigned accounts. LCSs will determine account assignments and will work independently, or in teams, to implement the strategies to reach determined goals.
- To strive for an informational program within each organization for the purpose of educating the employees about United Way and its impact in the community.
- To assume responsibility for achieving an assigned dollar goal, established by the structure chairs and United Way staff.
- To maintain records on the assigned accounts.
- To provide an evaluation with recommendations for future campaigns for each account.
- To attend a series of one-on-one meetings with United Way staff for the purpose of reporting campaign progress.
- To attend all related campaign meetings/functions.