Welcome to United Way of Berks County! Whether you are a new Loaned Campaign Specialist (LCS) or a veteran, you are about to have the experience of a lifetime. This page contains important forms that need to be completed, as well as information to make your first days easier and videos from veteran LCSs to help you understand what to expect. We strongly encourage you to explore all of the information on this page.
The 2023 United Way Campaign is led by John and Karen Arnold. John and Karen have been working on the campaign since January, securing commitments for our challenge match, meeting with corporate leaders and recruiting volunteers for the Campaign Cabinet. Throughout the Campaign, John and Karen will support you with their enthusiasm, celebrate your successes and help you navigate your campaign-related challenges.
A Message from the LCS Co-Chairs,
Brad and Barbara Hall
After serving as our 2015 Campaign Co-Chairs, Brad and Barbara are excited to continue their involvement in the annual campaign by serving as LCS Co-Chairs. Their role is to recruit Loaned Campaign Specialists like you from local companies, and they’re looking forward to seeing you at the LCS Welcome Reception in August.
The LCS Welcome Reception
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the LCS Welcome Reception on August 9, 4:30 – 7:30 p.m., at the home of Brad and Barbara Hall, located at 1906 Sturbridge Drive, Wyomissing, PA 19610. (Google Maps | Waze)
What to Expect from Your LCS Experience
The 2022 Loaned Campaign Specialists have some words of wisdom to share with you. Check out each one of these brief videos to learn what to expect from your LCS experience. You can also access these videos on our YouTube playlist.
Forms to Complete and Submit
Please complete all of the following forms. Note that some of the forms can be completed online, while others must be downloaded and returned via email due to confidentiality. If you have any questions, contact Sherry Reenock at email@example.com.
- Bio Form – when you have completed this form, please save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code of Ethics – complete and submit online
- Confidentiality Agreement – complete and submit online
- Conflict of Interest – when you have completed this form, please save and email to email@example.com
- Drug-Free Policy – complete and submit online
- Emergency Contact – when you have completed this form, please save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to United Way and Parking
LCS Welcome Reception – August 9, 4:30 p.m. hosted by Brad and Barbara Hall
LCS Training Begins – August 28 at United Way
Campaign Kickoff and Day of Caring – September 13, 7:30 a.m. at FirstEnergy Stadium
LCS Mid-Campaign Celebration – October 13, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m., hosted by John and Karen Arnold
Leaders United Celebration (optional) – October 18, 5:30 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel
United Way Victory Event – November 15, 6:00 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel
LCS Last Day – November 16
LCS and Staff Breakfast (optional) – November 17, 8:30 a.m. at Shady Maple Smorgasbord
LCS Job Description
REPORTS TO: United Way Staff
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A Loaned Campaign Specialist is an individual who is appointed by his or her employer to staff the annual United Way campaign in the community at large from late August to mid-November, with primary responsibility concentrated in managing effective employee campaigns within Berks County organizations.
LOANED CAMPAIGN SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To gain a working knowledge of United Way and how meeting community needs is accomplished through a variety of partnerships and special initiatives. To learn more about the agency partners and the programs they deliver to help improve lives, strengthen neighborhoods and bring about lasting change.
- To contact and work primarily with the employee campaign coordinator and/or campaign committee members to help them plan, organize, and conduct an effective campaign among their employee groups. (Including providing them with all the necessary campaign materials.)
- To work on a team with fellow LCSs, with staff/veteran LCS support, to manage the entire solicitation (initial contact through collection of pledges) for a group of assigned accounts. LCS Team will work to establish goals and strategies for assigned accounts. LCSs will determine account assignments and will work independently, or in teams, to implement the strategies to reach determined goals.
- To strive for an informational program within each organization for the purpose of educating the employees about United Way and its impact in the community.
- To assume responsibility for achieving an assigned dollar goal, established by the structure chairs and United Way staff.
- To maintain records on the assigned accounts.
- To provide an evaluation with recommendations for future campaigns for each account.
- To attend a series of one-on-one meetings with United Way staff for the purpose of reporting campaign progress.
- To attend all related campaign meetings/functions.