160 Broadway East Building 8th Floor
New York, New York 10038
After-School Position – READ Virtual Tutoring Program
POSITION: READ Virtual Tutoring Room Teacher – Teacher (1) to conduct the after-school tutoring program for K-2nd grade students, combining one-to-one tutoring by high school students.
ELIGIBILITY: Valid Pennsylvania Department of Education license as a teacher.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Demonstrated ability to work with both early childhood and high school students in a highly structured, individualized one-to-one tutoring setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend READ Teacher workshop (4 hours), prior to program start.
- Help organize program according to READ specifications, including pre-program site set up and closing of the program.
- Maintain ongoing communication with READ Program Manager and other staff.
- Establish a strong working relationship with high school teen leaders and monitoring their performance.
- Help complete and input the READ Attendance Reports and the Class Data Records.
- Notify program administration and READ contact in case of absence and ensure substitute coverage.
- Adhere to the READ curriculum and the program policies and procedures.
- Provide general oversight of the virtual tutoring room and modeling of correct procedures, including:
- Ensure the correct implementation of the Reading for All Learners Program.
- Monitor student progress and ensure accurate student placement in the curriculum.
- Analyze student progress data and take appropriate action in consultation with READ staff.
- Maintain a positive virtual learning environment for both students and tutors.
- Ensure accurate collection of data by tutors and review student datasheets on a daily basis.
- Welcome visiting parents and other READ guests, virtually.
- Implement group literacy activities as appropriate, virtually.
SALARY: $48 Per Session
Tentative Training Dates: Tuesday, April 13-Wednesday April 14, 2021
Estimated Program Dates: Monday, April 19, 2021 – Monday May 27, 2021
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Times: 4:00 pm – 5:30pm
Submit a cover letter, resume, and copy of your Department of Education license to Ashley Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS VACANCY NOTICE WITH YOUR APPLICATION. Download a copy here