Purpose of the Grant
This competitive grant is open to Ready.Set.READ! (RSR) partner schools, Summer Learning Coalition members, and other organizations serving Berks County students. The grant will provide between $1,000- $5,000 in support of summer learning programming. The funds are to help cover expenses related to summer programming June – August 2022.
- Serves Berks County Pre-K up to and including 3rd graders as of Fall 2022.
- Requests between $1,000-$5,000 per organization or grant partnership may be submitted.
- Requests are to support programming and other funding sources should be documented.
- Proposed programming must include a literacy component but may include cross disciplines activities (i.e. STEAM).
- All proposed programs must articulate an evaluation element to measure the outcome success of the literacy component.
- Proposals and final reports must be electronically submitted via e-CImpact.
Grant applications will be accepted, via e-CImpact* Thursday, March 10, 2022, through Sunday, April 10, 2022. Successful grant awardees will be notified by Friday May 27, 2022. Funds will be awarded June 2022 and are to be used by August 2022. A final report is due in e-CImpact no later than September 30, 2022.
Grant applications must include the name(s) of professional employees involved in the grant application. If an individual school is applying, proposal must be approved by central administration. If the program has technology requirements, IT Manager approval is required.
*e-CImpact is a comprehensive grant and performance management software tool that helps simplify the grant application, evaluation, and reporting processes for success.
A volunteer committee will review and evaluate the Summer Learning Grant applications. The selection committee will be comprised of representation from the RSR and UW boards and committee members. The evaluation will be comprised of a rubric based on the criteria.
Purchasing of Materials
It is the responsibility of the successful grantees to purchase all materials and/or pay contracted fees and to submit a final budget with the final report.
It is the responsibility of the grantee to provide a final report via e-CImpact due no later than September 30, 2022. A reminder notification will be sent providing access to the final report. The report must include the data associated with the outcomes outlined in the proposal, actual expense detail and at least two photographs of students and activities. The report and photos may be used to promote Berks County literacy activities and to highlight the innovation in our county; please be sure all releases are on file.