In another year filled with challenges, United Way donors have proven once again that the LIVE UNITED spirit shines throughout Berks County. We are pleased to announce the 2021 United Way Campaign has raised $10,601,711 to help more than 150,000 people in our community.
“This community is simply amazing,” said Dick Ehst, who co-chaired the campaign with his wife, Angela. “We share our gratitude with everyone who made this campaign a success. We are living through challenging times, and your kind generosity provides a hand up for our neighbors who struggle. Thank you for being a beacon of hope.”
“Your support means the world to us,” United Way President Tammy White said. “Together, we create hope, opportunity and impact.”
- Brand new RAV4, courtesy of Kelly Auto Group and the Live United Partners: Juan Agramonte, East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- $2,000 Travel Voucher, courtesy of AAA Travel: Tricia Clark, Penn State Berks
- One of two $500 Boscov's Gift Cards, courtesy of Boscov's Department Stores: Susan Belfer, Tompkins VIST Bank and Matthew Kalyan, EnerSys
- $1,500 Gas Card, courtesy of E.G. Smith, a Division of the Rhoads Energy Family of Companies: Dean Keller, East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- 3-Minute Shopping Spree, courtesy of Redner's Fresh Market: Jorge Velazquez, East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Lifestyle Item valued at $575, courtesy of Lasting Image, a TSC Company: Dolores Bertoti, Alvernia University
- $500 Visa Gift Card, courtesy of Visions Federal Credit Union: Chelsea Fry, Diamond Credit Union
- One of five Godiva Gourmet Gift Baskets, courtesy of Godiva Chocolatiers: Austrebert Orozco, Giorgi Mushroom; Aneudy Beco, East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.; Nancy Henry, Boscov's East; Melissa Till Smith, Kutztown Area School District and Diane Smerecky, UGI Energy Services
In addition to learning the results of this year's campaign, some lucky donors also learned that they are winners of the 2021 Campaign incentives. The winners are: