THANK YOU, BERKS COUNTY!
In an outstanding show of generosity, Berks Countians surpassed our $10.5 million goal to contribute $11,016,267 to the 2022 Campaign.
Joe Hartz, who co-chaired the Campaign with his wife, Dana, shared his gratitude for the thousands of donors who made this possible. “These are challenging times for many, and together, we are helping people when they need it the most. That is the power of LIVING UNITED.”
“Each one of our donors is a source of inspiration,” said Tammy White, United Way President. “By supporting United Way, they turn their compassion into action, and we are so grateful.”
All dollars raised in the 2022 Campaign will support health and human service needs in the coming year, impacting 150,000 local people.
In addition to learning the results of this year's campaign, some lucky donors also learned that they are winners of the 2022 Campaign incentives. The winners are:
- Brand new Corolla Cross, courtesy of Kelly Auto Group, the Live United Partners and the CommUNITY Supporters: Debra Redcay, Reading School District
- $2,000 Travel Voucher, courtesy of AAA Travel: Tamzen Davis, Berks Career & Technology Center
- One of two $500 Boscov's Gift Cards, courtesy of Boscov's Department Stores: Beverlee Mitchell, Customers Bank and Nathan Long, Alcon Research Ltd.
- $1,500 Gas Card, courtesy of E.G. Smith, a Division of the Rhoads Energy Family of Companies: Christy Pisker, Glen-Gery Corporation
- 3-Minute Shopping Spree, courtesy of Redner's Fresh Market: Albert Palsa II, UGI Energy Services
- Lifestyle Item valued at $575, courtesy of Lasting Image, a TSC Company: Stella Leija, East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- $500 Visa Gift Card, courtesy of Visions Federal Credit Union: James Gruber, Carpenter Technology Corporation
- One of five Godiva Gourmet Gift Baskets, courtesy of Godiva Chocolatiers: Brian Miller, Alcon Research Ltd; Victor Cruz, Carpenter Technology Corporation; Maryann Ligenza, Muhlenberg School District; Colleen Bye, Boscov's East; Yalitza Miranda, Boscov's Distribution Center